Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Leaning against the Goal Post

Week 3 of the season has closed and closed with a squeaker on Monday Nite with my pick coming through for me by a hair, giving me a total of 11 out 16 right this week. Makes me 29 out of 48 for 60%, still some climbing for me to do to reach my goal of 80/85%

Some of my analysing came very close and some were right on: 2010 NFL Season - Week 3

Others were way off, like I had thought that Detroit just by chance, because of last weeks game vs Philadelphia, was getting it together and with them going against an lackluster Favre/Minnesota team I thought they could pull out a victory, HA! same ol' Lions we all have come to love, jeez what a mess of a team...

Dallas came on in a big way this week and probably kept Jerry Jones from firing the whole team.

I knew the Atl. vs NO game was going to be tough and close, but I thought that NO would come out on top in the end, but again another lost for a another team because of un-stabled Field Goal kicking. Seeing more and more of that this year.

Looks like M.Vick has found his old style at Philly and will have to look at their future games as to how my picks go.

As for Washington, this was their first road game and if it was an indicator of rest of season instead of just a one week fluke, then it looks like Washington might not be a very good road team. Which is good tid-bit worth knowing about some teams...

And that leads me to the basic stats for advantages:

16 TEAMS TOTAL:

8 teams won at home this week

8 teams won on the road this week

8 teams won who were picked as favorites

8 underdog teams won

That will take care of this week of football and as usual somewhere, someplace, sometime you'll find me leaning against the goal post, Knobby


For up - to - date daily NFL news during the week go to Mac's Football Blog

No comments: