Friday, December 12, 2008

Week 15 Thursday Nite game Recap

Click on game title below for complete game stats. from NFL.com


New Orleans @ Chicago


Ok this is what I predicted on my analysis: "I see Brees throwing 240 to 275 yds, 2 int, 2 touchdowns, Bush & Thomas combine for 125 - 130 yds total and maybe a TD.

I see Orton throwing 200 to 220 yds, 1 int, 1-TD, Forte, Jones and Peterson combine for 145 - 165 total and 2 - TDs"

also

"Look for Saints to box up the front to try and stop Forte, but that will only give Orton opportunity to throw middle and secondary to Davis & Hester.Brees will start fast and early throwing trying to rock Chi. defense, so that Bush & Thomas have room, I don't see it working, look for 2 to 3 sacks in fact...MY PICK - CHICAGO"

Lets see how I did;

Brees had 226 passing yds - short of what I said he would have. He did have 2 int and 2 tds, I was right on that prediction. Bush & Thomas combine for 117 yds with Karney & Brees adding 2 more for 119 total, with 1 td, just a little short on yardage of what I said, but correct on TD prediction for them..

Orton had 172 passing yds - he was was short of what I said of him getting. He also had 2 - ints but 0 - tds - I predicted 1 int & 1 td. Forte & Peterson only got 49 yds rushing combined with Orton adding 6 more for total of 55 - way short of what I thought they would get. Jones was not a factor. They did however get the 2 tds I predicted.

Davis & Hester did get some passes for a total of 58 yds. Brees did come out throwing and Bush & Thomas had some open room. However Chicago had just 1 sack compared to my saying maybe 2 or 3..

Saints did go over their road avg. (5 -42 ) for penalties with 5 for 97 yds while Chicago stay right about avg (3 - 27) for home games penalties with 4 - 24 yds...

Chicago wins 27 to 24...

No comments: